Wednesday, February 28, 2007

growing up...

Syira registered into SBPI Gombak yesterday. It's close enough for weekly visits (even our drive to work takes much much longer!), but still, an asrama penuh is an asrama penuh. But the parents and the girl seem pretty happy, after all, she so wanted to go to boarding school. But it's only another 10 days before the school holidays so it shouldn't be too bad. She didn't call home last night so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Kak de and Kakak cried.

Last night, Hania decided she wanted to sleep in her own room. Kakak slept with kak de, so she had the room all to herself. Last weekend, she was upset that the new shelf was put into the boys' room, so Papa said, well, you weren't sleeping in your room anyway. But to appease her, we put another shelf in her room, and she could put her stuff there without having to deal with the boys. I guess last night was fulfilling that promise made to us that on her own free will. But I did wake up in the morning feeling slightly disoriented, I guess ibu got so used to waking up with her snuggling beside me since she inevitably wakes up in the middle of the night, comes to our room and snuggles in. Notice the present tense -- I'm not sure if she's going to stay sleeping through the night in her own room, or if I want her to!

No comments: